Visio Shape packs for HP, Aruba, IBM and Other Vendors and Products, great for use in technical documentation

Just a quick one today.  I was in the middle of documenting some of our storage and server setups and wanted some more accurate shapes for our HP Storage arrays and Servers and stumbled upon Visiocafe who have a treasure trove of shapes for Visio 2003, 2007 and 2010. I’ve been using the HP ones … Continue reading "Visio Shape packs for HP, Aruba, IBM and Other Vendors and Products, great for use in technical documentation"

Applying inherit rights (inheritable) for permissions to a large number of Active Directory objects

I was recently involved in a project to help secure a School’s Active Directory environment.  After sitting down and planning what we wanted to achieve in terms of account security we went to work.  After setting up all of the IT based security groups and assigning and delegating the appropriate rights and permissions we found … Continue reading "Applying inherit rights (inheritable) for permissions to a large number of Active Directory objects"

When viewing Public Folders in Outlook you recieve the following error, Cannot expand the folder. Microsoft Exchange is not available.

So there have been quite a few posts about Exchange 2010 lately, I guess it’s mainly because that has been my focus for the last few months at my current job. So here is another one regarding an error message when you try to access public folders in outlook and how to fix it. We … Continue reading "When viewing Public Folders in Outlook you recieve the following error, Cannot expand the folder. Microsoft Exchange is not available."

Browsing to Companyweb May Fail with HTTP Error 503 on SBS 2011 Standard after installing an Exchange 2010 update rollup

I was recently updating a client’s SBS Server and after giving it a restart I wasn’t able to browse their SharePoint 2010 site. After having a quick look at IIS I could see the SharePoint Application pool was stopped, so I started it up and after about 10 seconds, it stopped. So I went and … Continue reading "Browsing to Companyweb May Fail with HTTP Error 503 on SBS 2011 Standard after installing an Exchange 2010 update rollup"

Exchange Management Console not setting Permissions for Receive Connectors, fixing 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated issues with inbound e-mails

I was recently helping out on a migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. The organisation was moving from two servers, a front end and back end server to four with two Mailbox servers running in a DAG (Database Availability Group) configuration and two Client Access Servers in an array and along with Hub Transport … Continue reading "Exchange Management Console not setting Permissions for Receive Connectors, fixing 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated issues with inbound e-mails"

Using the Google Maps API with PHP to display a Map and place a Marker on the map using Geocoding

So I was recently developing a new feature for a client’s website where we wanted to display an interactive Google Map with the address of a particular item (in this case a customer) along with a marker to show where it was on the map. So I set about looking around on the Internet for … Continue reading "Using the Google Maps API with PHP to display a Map and place a Marker on the map using Geocoding"

Procurve Switches and Windows Network Load Balancing in Multicast Mode causing high collision and drop rates

Over the last few days we have been looking at getting a Client Access Array going for our Exchange 2010 setup for basic redundancy and load balancing. I thought I would outline an issue we discovered with using Windows Network Load Balancing in a HP switching environment. The first is whether to use Unicast or … Continue reading "Procurve Switches and Windows Network Load Balancing in Multicast Mode causing high collision and drop rates"

Setting up an SPN and fixing the cannot verify the service principal name error when installing ForeFront Endpoint Protection

We are currently in the process of trailing Forefront Endpoint Security along with our SCCM Deployment.  So after a few weeks of tweaking we have got our systems center deployment to a level where we are happy with it, it was time to begin installing and testing Forefront. After beginning our installing and answering a … Continue reading "Setting up an SPN and fixing the cannot verify the service principal name error when installing ForeFront Endpoint Protection"

Fixing SMS Site Component Manager could not access site system. Access is denied. Issue when adding SCCM components to other servers.

I recently decided to move our reporting services running on our SCCM site server to our more beefier SQL Server, I was also wanting to do this for our Forefront Migration (as Reporting services is a requirement). So I created a new server under Site Settings -> Site Systems and put our SQL server into … Continue reading "Fixing SMS Site Component Manager could not access site system. Access is denied. Issue when adding SCCM components to other servers."