Exchange Management Console not setting Permissions for Receive Connectors, fixing 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated issues with inbound e-mails

I was recently helping out on a migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010. The organisation was moving from two servers, a front end and back end server to four with two Mailbox servers running in a DAG (Database Availability Group) configuration and two Client Access Servers in an array and along with Hub Transport … Continue reading "Exchange Management Console not setting Permissions for Receive Connectors, fixing 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated issues with inbound e-mails"

Using the Google Maps API with PHP to display a Map and place a Marker on the map using Geocoding

So I was recently developing a new feature for a client’s website where we wanted to display an interactive Google Map with the address of a particular item (in this case a customer) along with a marker to show where it was on the map. So I set about looking around on the Internet for … Continue reading "Using the Google Maps API with PHP to display a Map and place a Marker on the map using Geocoding"

Procurve Switches and Windows Network Load Balancing in Multicast Mode causing high collision and drop rates

Over the last few days we have been looking at getting a Client Access Array going for our Exchange 2010 setup for basic redundancy and load balancing. I thought I would outline an issue we discovered with using Windows Network Load Balancing in a HP switching environment. The first is whether to use Unicast or … Continue reading "Procurve Switches and Windows Network Load Balancing in Multicast Mode causing high collision and drop rates"

Setting up an SPN and fixing the cannot verify the service principal name error when installing ForeFront Endpoint Protection

We are currently in the process of trailing Forefront Endpoint Security along with our SCCM Deployment.  So after a few weeks of tweaking we have got our systems center deployment to a level where we are happy with it, it was time to begin installing and testing Forefront. After beginning our installing and answering a … Continue reading "Setting up an SPN and fixing the cannot verify the service principal name error when installing ForeFront Endpoint Protection"

Fixing SMS Site Component Manager could not access site system. Access is denied. Issue when adding SCCM components to other servers.

I recently decided to move our reporting services running on our SCCM site server to our more beefier SQL Server, I was also wanting to do this for our Forefront Migration (as Reporting services is a requirement). So I created a new server under Site Settings -> Site Systems and put our SQL server into … Continue reading "Fixing SMS Site Component Manager could not access site system. Access is denied. Issue when adding SCCM components to other servers."

Fixing LiveUpdate was unable to find any products to update error when running Live update for Backup Exec 2010

I recently performed an install of Backup Exec 2010 R3 for a client, after doing the install and setting up the shiny new LTO-5 tape drive I decided it would be best to run LiveUpdate to make sure we were running the latest release. So I open up Backup Exec console, navigate to Tools and … Continue reading "Fixing LiveUpdate was unable to find any products to update error when running Live update for Backup Exec 2010"

Fixing HTTP Error 500.21 – Internal Server Error Handler “WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated” has a bad module “ManagedPipelineHandler” in its module list on IIS.

I was recently developing some .net web applications at work and finally took the plunge of setting up a server to host them after I was happy that we had reached the point where they were usable applications.  So after setting up Server 2008 R2, I went ahead and enabled IIS with asp.net configuration enabled … Continue reading "Fixing HTTP Error 500.21 – Internal Server Error Handler “WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated” has a bad module “ManagedPipelineHandler” in its module list on IIS."

Fixing HTTP Error 500.21 – Internal Server Error Handler “WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated” has a bad module “ManagedPipelineHandler” in its module list on IIS.

I was recently developing some .net web applications at work and finally took the plunge of setting up a server to host them after I was happy that we had reached the point where they were usable applications.  So after setting up Server 2008 R2, I went ahead and enabled IIS with asp.net configuration enabled … Continue reading "Fixing HTTP Error 500.21 – Internal Server Error Handler “WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated” has a bad module “ManagedPipelineHandler” in its module list on IIS."

Speeding up LAN based Automation OS boot times using a Custom TFTP Server for Altiris (for WinPE and Linux)

One of the more easier ways of speeding up your WinPE boot times via PXE are changing the default TFTP server which comes with Altiris. First of all, open up the PXE Configuration Manager and disable Multicast since the WinPE image cannot be transferred over Multicast anyway(only DOS supports Multicast via TFTP). This simple tweak … Continue reading "Speeding up LAN based Automation OS boot times using a Custom TFTP Server for Altiris (for WinPE and Linux)"