I was recently tasked with performing a clean-up of some of our servers, removing old files/software installations as well as a clean-up of our WSUS server. After a quick look I could see that our previous administrator had set it to download Driver updates as well, which was taking up quite a large amount of … Continue reading "Thoroughly cleaning up a WSUS server"
Over the last few days we have been looking at getting a Client Access Array going for our Exchange 2010 setup for basic redundancy and load balancing. I thought I would outline an issue we discovered with using Windows Network Load Balancing in a HP switching environment. The first is whether to use Unicast or … Continue reading "Procurve Switches and Windows Network Load Balancing in Multicast Mode causing high collision and drop rates"
We are currently in the process of trailing Forefront Endpoint Security along with our SCCM Deployment. So after a few weeks of tweaking we have got our systems center deployment to a level where we are happy with it, it was time to begin installing and testing Forefront. After beginning our installing and answering a … Continue reading "Setting up an SPN and fixing the cannot verify the service principal name error when installing ForeFront Endpoint Protection"
I recently decided to move our reporting services running on our SCCM site server to our more beefier SQL Server, I was also wanting to do this for our Forefront Migration (as Reporting services is a requirement). So I created a new server under Site Settings -> Site Systems and put our SQL server into … Continue reading "Fixing SMS Site Component Manager could not access site system. Access is denied. Issue when adding SCCM components to other servers."